woke in slumberland

...but you were part of my dream, too.

Monday, July 04, 2005

A Whole New World

Today i stepped out into a muggy morning in La Mirada, CA and felt myself in an alien world. To most of you it would just be an ordinary scene, rows of plain houses in an American suburb. But i've just arrived from Manila, a place that is tropical, chaotic, and in a word, unwashed. Now i find myself in a world that seems uncannily scrubbed-clean and television-show surreal.

A journey to an unknown land. Millions have done it ahead of me, but until you do it yourself, it's a huge, scary, impossible thing. And now here it is, right in front of me, and i have no idea what's coming next.

All i can pray is that somehow, i'll find my way.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 AM, Blogger me said…

    are you an official hell-a resident now?

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger oz said…

    are you a blogger blogger? er....

    i am currently a not-so-official kinda-sorta-resident of la-la land. call me a guest of the state (but not behind bars, rather sitting on them barstools).

    :p

     

Post a Comment

<< Home