woke in slumberland

...but you were part of my dream, too.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Meeting Melody

Me and Melody del Mundo

I finally met up with my old friend Wendy in Fountain Valley, CA. With her friend Kai driving, we went to a club where a bunch of Pinoy bands were playing, including Stella's Notch, fronted by the former Sugar Hiccup singer Melody del Mundo. Her new band doesn't sound like Sugar Hiccup--they rock a bit harder, though Melody's dreamy vocals still deliver that ethereal vibe.

Outside in the parking lot, afterwards, I was freezing in the intense cold as Wendy walked endless circles talking on the phone with her mom. At the far end of the lot, a little boy and girl were kicking around a soccer ball. A couple of grown-ups were watching over them. One of them, i soon realized, was Melody. I came over and said hi. We talked about music of course, and i mentioned that i did photography, and she said maybe i could do a shoot with them... that would be very cool if it happens. I met her husband and learned that the soccer players were her kids.

Melody's kids

Check out the pictures i took that night: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home